‘Parents and carers are particularly appreciative of the very effective induction arrangements and confirm that their children settle quickly in this engaging environment. They typically comment “my children have had the best start I could possibly wish for’ (Ofsted 2009)
Welcome to Year One
There are two Year 1 classes
Class 3 – Miss Howell Teaching Assistant: Mrs Woodhead
Class 4 – Miss Travis Teaching Assistant: Mrs Leaf
- Handwriting letter and number formation
- Maths Place Value- Key Learning
- Number bonds to 20
- RWInc Phonics Sounds
- Year 1 Common exception words
- Stannington Infant School Long Term Planner 2022-2023 – Year 1 Cycle B
- Year 1 Curriculum Overview 2022-23 for parents
- Stannington Infant School Long Term Planner 2021-22 cycle a v2
- Year 1 curriculum overview Cycle A 2021-22 for parents
- Our School theme overview 2021
- Sheffield theme overview 2022
- Rainforests theme overview 2022
What is the Learning Team all about?
Helping pupils to become better learners.
Developing learning power which is transferable to different situations, including those beyond the classroom.
A set of attitudes and skills displayed by good learners.
What is it based on?
Research into learning and the brain.
Practical trials in schools.
The work of Prof. Guy Claxton.
How does it work?
Provides a coherent picture of what it takes to be a good learner.
Capitalises on learning to learn ideas, so that all children see themselves as learners.
Develops the ability to learn in different ways.
The Four Rs
The ‘learning habits’ are translated into 4 areas and each is modelled to the children with the use of characters.
Resilience – Percy Vere
(Being absorbed, managing distractions, noticing patterns and connections and perseverance).
Resourcefulness – Rosie Resourceful
(Finding solutions to problems).
Reflectiveness – Theo Thinker
(Thinking about problems, planning and evaluating strategies).
Reciprocity – Sharma Share
(Working with others and sharing ideas).